"Among the most notable of the buildings erected to provide for the needs of automobile owners was the 1916 A. L. Davis Block at 5600 Wadsworth Boulevard. Davis used the ground floor of the building to house his expanding Davis Garage, a Dodge Brothers and Chevrolet dealership. Constructed of red brick manufactured by the Denver Shale Brick Company, the two-story building featured a prominent location in the heart of Arvada's commercial district, a corner entrance, and a flat roof with corbelled cornice. Davis expanded his business operations northward in subsequent years, erecting two other brick buildings facing the thoroughfare and absorbing the 1882 school building."
Denver Shale Brick Company was on Carr Street in Arvada, just north of the railroad tracks. See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/554403894677126/permalink/595783903872458/